South Jersey MOM Writer's Guidelines
Please send a detailed query rather than a completed manuscript. Include a relevant bio and two writing samples or clips.
- Be sure to read the magazine before submitting anything.
- Writers are not paid.
- We try to respond to all submissions promptly, but due to the volume we receive it is not always possible to do so. Please be patient.
If you are assigned a story, please observe the following:
- Include interviews with moms and experts located in South Jersey who will go on record with their experiences, problems and/or solutions.
- Include advice and information from a variety of experts, not just one.
- Include data on the latest trends and statistics applicable specifically to the particular topic.
- Avoid dispensing advice that in any way talks down to our readers
- SHOW, don't tell. Include detailed anecdotes to illustrate the issue.
- All writers are responsible for their own fact checking. When sending in your completed article, please include phone numbers and e-mail addresses of sources for backup and the websites of any information you got from the Internet.
- Adhere to AP style.
- Remember: We are looking for articles that are original must-reads.
Format for articles:
- Include a catchy title and byline at top of your article
- Do NOT double space
- Do NOT write in first person. Use the active voice.
- Include quotes from local sources